1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect personal information, including your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, text message address, transaction information, credit or debit card information, birth month or other demographic information. We may collect this information when you:
- make a purchase online or by phone
- save your information with us online or visit our site (COOKIES)
- register for any of our trainings or events
- participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or survey
- make inquiries concerning our merchandise or services
- participate in any geolocation services we offer
- are referred to us through a third-party marketing promotion
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information we collect to:
- process, track and fulfill your order and contact you about the status of your order
- tell you about and administer conferences, contests, sweepstakes and promotions
- send you surveys about our products or services
- respond to your inquiries regarding our products or services
- learn about your shopping preferences and improve your shopping experience
- help us address problems with and improve our site and our merchandise and services
- protect the security and integrity of our site
3. HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- With our affiliated brands. Some of these entities who may share information with each other include, but are not limited to, Elite Legacy Education, Inc., Legacy Events, Inc., Rich Dad Education Limited (Canada), Tigrent Learning Canada Inc., Elite Legacy Education UK Ltd., Legacy Education Alliance UK Ltd., Legacy Education Alliance Hong Kong Limited, Tigrent South Africa (PTY) LTD and Legacy Education Alliance Australia (PTY) LTD.,. A listing of such Company’s and active brands is available at www.legacyeducationalliance.com. In the event of the sale or a merger of Legacy Education Alliance, Inc. or any of its affiliates, information we have collected may be among the assets transferred.
- There are also times when it may be advantageous for us to make certain Personal Information about you available to companies that perform work for us to provide products and services to you on our behalf (“Service Providers”). These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are not within our control and may not follow the same privacy standards as ours.
- With co-sponsors of contests, sweepstakes or promotions.
- With reputable companies whose products we believe will be of interest to you.
- With law enforcement upon request, as required by law (such as by court order or subpoena), if necessary in connection with a fraud investigation, or to protect and defend our customers’ and our interests.
Our site uses “cookies” which are small data files stored on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a site. Cookies may be used in a variety of ways which enhance and personalize your online browsing and shopping experience. For instance, cookies allow us to remember what’s in your shopping cart, recognize you when you return to our site, track your orders, and monitor and maintain information about your visits. You may set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you receive cookies. If you do not accept cookies however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases online.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Session ID cookies make it easier for you to navigate our Sites. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser where as a persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still use our Sites, but your ability to use some areas of our Sites, such as surveys, will be limited.
5. LOG FILES
As is true of most websites, we gather certain non-personal Information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data. We link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information. We use a third-party tracking service that tracks non-Personal Information about visitors to our Sites in the aggregate. We may use this information to analyze trends, to administer our Sites, to track users’ movements around our Sites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
6. TRACKING PIXELS
We also employ a software technology called clear gifs, that help us better manage content on our Sites by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ Personal Information.
We may use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
7. THIRD PARTY ADS
We use a third-party provider to place our internet ads. The provider may collect anonymous information about your visits to our site and your interaction with our products and services. The provider may also use information about your visits to this and other sites to target advertisements for merchandise and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. The provider does not know your name, address, phone number, email address or any of your other personally identifiable information.
8. BULLETIN BOARDS/CHAT ROOMS/BLOGS
If you use a bulletin board, chat room or blog on our Sites, you should be aware that, by their nature, any Personal Information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. You have full control and discretion as to the information you choose to submit on these portions of our Sites. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums.
We use various technologies and processes to protect your information. Information such as your credit or debit card account number is transmitted through a secure server using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. Note however that absolute security can never be guaranteed. We will never request your credit card or other personal information by email. If you receive an email that appears to be a request from us for personal information, do not respond as this may be a “phishing” scam designed to steal your information. Never include your credit or debit card number or other sensitive information in an email as it is not a secure means of transmitting information. We will only request such information during secure transactions at our site.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
11. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our site is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. The child’s parent or guardian should contact us if we have inadvertently collected such personal information and we will delete it from our files.
12. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) REQUIREMENTS
- Right to Request Specific Categories of Information Collected upon a Verifiable Request
- You have the right to request that we disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we collect about you, the categories of sources from which that information is collected, the purpose(s) for collecting or selling the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information is shared.
- Right to Say “No” to the Sale of Personal Information
- You have the right to opt out of the sale of personal information by our business and prohibit us from discriminating against you for exercising this right, including by charging you, the consumer who may opt out a different price or providing you with a different quality of goods or services, except if the difference is reasonably related to value provided by the by your data.
- Prohibits us from selling the personal information of a consumer under 16 years of age, unless affirmatively authorized.
- Right to Delete Your Personal Information
- You have the right to request deletion of personal information and would require us to delete personal information upon receipt of a verified request.
- Right to Equal Service and Price, even if You Exercise Your Privacy Rights
- Authorizes us to offer financial incentives for collection of your personal information
13. POLICY CHANGES
14. UPDATING AND MODIFYING YOUR COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
If you wish to update your information or do not wish to be contacted via email, direct mail and/or telephone, please contact Customer Service. Provide your exact name and postal or email address so that we may identify you accurately. You may also “unsubscribe” from our email by using the link provided at the bottom of each email. If you ask us to remove you from marketing lists, we will maintain you on a “do not contact” list to ensure that we continue to honor your request. It may take up to 10 days to process your “do not email” request. It may take up to 8 weeks to process your “do not mail” request because mailings are planned long in advance. If you purchase online, we will continue to confirm your order and shipment status via email, postal address or telephone. If you change your mind about choices you’ve previously made, make changes contact Customer Service.
15. CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACT INFORMATION
Legacy Education Alliance, Inc.
1612 E. Cape Coral Parkway
Cape Coral, Florida 33904
Toll-free: +1 (800) 570-2050
Tel: +1 (239) 542-0643